This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

View Poll Results: Account-bound gear for transferred characters, Haven to Ra. How do you feel about it?
I'm okay with an account-bound restriction on transfer. 35 47.95%
I'm okay with an account-bound restriction, except I'd like to sell gear to merchants. 4 5.48%
I'd be okay with it if we make the restriction only for epic-level gear and above. 2 2.74%
I'd be okay with it if we make the restriction only for boss gear. 13 17.81%
I've already got toons on Ra, so I don't care about restrictions on gear after transfer. 10 13.70%
Hell, no! If NGD does this, I'm never playing this game again. 9 12.33%
No. I will not transfer my character under those conditions. 19 26.03%
I don't care what NGD does. I left this game a long time ago and I'm never coming back. 3 4.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 04:33 AM   #21
Kyrottimus
Baron

Kyrottimus will become famous soon enough

I recently logged back in (like a week ago) to find, to my horror, that Haven was all but dead.

It's in quite the sad state of near-abandonment. I needs to be merged with Ra. I logged into Ra to find the Regnum Online (Champions of Regnum?) that I've always known: war, lots of war.

That being said, I really don't want to go through grinding a character to 60 again.

I could really see myself getting back into playing if I could use the characters I've spent so much time (and money) on getting where they are today. I could also see myself spending more money on them with some of the new premium stuff like Realm armor and companions.

Just imagine how many other players feel the same way who have the bulk (or entirety) of their leveled characters on a dead server. I would bet most of them feel as I do and say, "I'm not going through this again."

Lock the gear to the accounts. Or don't. I don't care. But for the sake of the game, merge the servers.
Kyrottimus no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-17-2018, 04:13 PM   #22
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

People, let's stop insisting that the transfers are needed. We know it and it will end up happening. But we have to do it carefully. Some already guessed why but I will clear up things a bit more.

Right now, and how most of the time it has been in Regnum's history, the revenue is enough to continue developing but not a lot more. We're ok with that and we will continue on this path as long as our users allow us to do so.

Haven right now has a huge amount (related to its population) of cases of item transfers for real money, people selling their accounts, etc. This happens in other servers as well, but on Haven there are a lot of users that will just sell and not play at all, which could hurt our finances a lot. We have to find a way to avoid this if we are willing to keep Regnum alive. Regnum doesn't run on good will, sadly.

We could allow transfers right now and be done with it, but I think it would be a huge mistake that could backfire easily. I know, feel and understand your situation, but ours has to be understood as well. You will not be losing your progress, intended for you to play and enjoy the game. It's just that we need to protect the game as much as we can.

Ra is a server that works fine. It has its ups and downs but it is stable and active. Regnum just needs more events, more often, and the population even doubles in average. We're trying to get there since a long time. A huge flow of desirable items in the "black market" can really be a deadly hit to the game, just to please a bunch of people that want to make some easy money.

I am grateful to those that are understanding this and are willing to contribute to the prevention of this possible situation. We were even thinking on letting people "unbind" the items for Ximerin for, if this item transfers for real money happen, that at least Regnum gets one way what it loses in other way. It is not easy to think about this stuff. We would like not to even be considering this, but right now stability is our main goal. Please, try to understand this from Regnum's point of view as well, as we are trying hard to do so the other way round too.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:20 PM   #23
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
People, let's stop insisting that the transfers are needed. We know it and it will end up happening.
Good enough for me
Old 10-17-2018, 04:30 PM   #24
Aver
Initiate

Aver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
Good enough for me
+1
I've been playing Haven since Raven started (April 2011) I'm pretty sure I can wait one or two years more
Aver no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-17-2018, 04:34 PM   #25
Pery3000
Master

Pery3000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
People, let's stop insisting that the transfers are needed. We know it and it will end up happening. But we have to do it carefully. Some already guessed why but I will clear up things a bit more

I am grateful to those that are understanding this and are willing to contribute to the prevention of this possible situation. We were even thinking on letting people "unbind" the items for Ximerin for, if this item transfers for real money happen, that at least Regnum gets one way what it loses in other way. It is not easy to think about this stuff. We would like not to even be considering this, but right now stability is our main goal. Please, try to understand this from Regnum's point of view as well, as we are trying hard to do so the other way round too.

I don’t want my characters stuck on Haven for another year. This should honestly happen before the year ends or beginning of the new year. We’ve waited long enough. Take action. I’m ok with Account bind or having to pay Xim to unbind.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:58 PM   #26
Eizaix
Apprentice

Eizaix is on a distinguished road

I think that considering making us pay for being able to fully use what we have seems extremely unfair keeping in mind that the amount of spare money differs a lot between the groups of users, but I guess that would be kind of better than nothing.

Is there no way of creating some kind of criteria to transfer only the active/semi-active users though?
Leaving the mentioned group of accounts behind, as it was correctly pointed out that they most likely would just be sold including the gear on them.
Eizaix no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-17-2018, 05:20 PM   #27
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eizaix View Post
I think that considering making us pay for being able to fully use what we have seems extremely unfair....
Well you could stay on dead server fully-using your gear, if that is what you call "fully use".

Account-Bind everything and be done with it. What Adrian said makes sense and there aren't many workarounds to this, and definitely not some gut-feeling-criterions that would have many false positive/negative results. Now that would be unfair.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:44 PM   #28
Eizaix
Apprentice

Eizaix is on a distinguished road

Pretty sure that somehow figuring out a way to not transfer those who have barely logged on ever (if so then only for bosses to hoard even more stuff) while still being super active on Ra, would drastically reduce the chance of too many items arriving in the Ra black market.

Just an example of how those wanting to sell stuff would still do it no matter what:
pay for the possible rebinding option knowing that the item would still make huge profit in the so called ''black market'' (talking about the guys with hoarded boss jevels and even a dozen of dragon and magnanite weapons not talking about unused ancient souls)
or
just spread the gear between accounts before the possible transfer and sell the entire account(s)

I am simply afraid that binding items will not have the intended result instead just hurting and denying the full use of them to those few still active players who are not financially capable of paying for such option.

But as I said, i agree that it would still be much better than nothing/the current situation.
Eizaix no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-17-2018, 07:55 PM   #29
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eizaix View Post
Pretty sure that somehow figuring out a way to not transfer those who have barely logged on ever (if so then only for bosses to hoard even more stuff) while still being super active on Ra, would drastically reduce the chance of too many items arriving in the Ra black market....
It would also keep those who have been waiting & watching (often literally for years) from returning to game once they can play again on a high-population server, due to transfer option. Many currently inactive said that this was their reason for leaving, while others had other issues: with game-play, rules or mechanical, or otherwise. So, just how does one tell a 'black-marketeer' from any other inactive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pery3000 View Post
I don’t want my characters stuck on Haven for another year. This should honestly happen before the year ends or beginning of the new year. We’ve waited long enough. Take action. I’m ok with Account bind or having to pay Xim to unbind.
And you should not have to, Perry. This should already have happened, but ok then, by no later than end-of-winter 2019, as you patiently say. The longer this thing keeps getting put off, the fewer inactives that will bother to keep waiting, & watching, & hoping (in vain) to play on ra with their horus toons. I'm trying to see this from all angles, to be fair, knowing full well my goats aren't leaving Horus til it's merged, or goes dark forever.

Quote:
...A huge flow of desirable items in the "black market" can really be a deadly hit to the game, just to please a bunch of people that want to make some easy money.

I am grateful to those that are understanding this and are willing to contribute to the prevention of this possible situation. We were even thinking on letting people "unbind" the items for Ximerin for, if this item transfers for real money happen, that at least Regnum gets one way what it loses in other way...
There's your easy answer, right there. Bind it. Make players pay XIM for EACH item transaction they wish to make. Not: one XIM charge = all items on account; no, EACH item (one-by-one-by-one). How much depends on exactly what item. Those 'black-market' types will thus fund the future continuation of CoR. Ok, & for those who just want to move one, two, or few item(s), well, they'll have to pay too, just not nearly so much in total.

Sorry, but I just got to plug these ideas once more: make all valhalla-to-ra & haven-to-ra account transfers a XIM item as well. Don't make it cheap. You want to play there, you gotta' pay there. If you had really wanted toons on ra, you make them, you level them, you gear them, just like all the other ra-players did, or you have to pay thru the nose for your account transfer. Fair's fair. No one rides for free, bubs, sorry.

Further, to try & salvage valhalla & haven, please allow any & all ra accounts to FREELY transfer to these dying servers. Incentivize it too; give them gift(s), or XIM, for doing so. And, just so these folk don't balk & get all worried about getting back (should nothing change or improve), guarantee them a FREE account-transfer scroll back to ra, after a certain amount of trial-time has elapsed, a month at least, perhaps a season.

(& YES!): ALL gears these ra folk 'collect' during their "trial-time" on valhalla or haven would also be fully account bound, & subject to the SAME restrictions as above. This would discourage peeps from transferring just to smuggle shizz back into ra (mulies, shame on ya'!) ... & ... as to the risk of traded accounts, if these transfers are allowed? Well, NGD keeps doing what it's been doing. Closely monitor this, maintain verification & other security measures, & when the bust goes down, they go down hard, as usual, permabanning all involved.

Last edited by Lebeau; 10-17-2018 at 09:43 PM.
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-17-2018, 08:50 PM   #30
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road

Quote:
People, let's stop insisting that the transfers are needed. We know it and it will end up happening. But we have to do it carefully. Some already guessed why but I will clear up things a bit more.

Right now, and how most of the time it has been in Regnum's history, the revenue is enough to continue developing but not a lot more. We're ok with that and we will continue on this path as long as our users allow us to do so.

Haven right now has a huge amount (related to its population) of cases of item transfers for real money, people selling their accounts, etc. This happens in other servers as well, but on Haven there are a lot of users that will just sell and not play at all, which could hurt our finances a lot. We have to find a way to avoid this if we are willing to keep Regnum alive. Regnum doesn't run on good will, sadly.

We could allow transfers right now and be done with it, but I think it would be a huge mistake that could backfire easily. I know, feel and understand your situation, but ours has to be understood as well. You will not be losing your progress, intended for you to play and enjoy the game. It's just that we need to protect the game as much as we can.

Ra is a server that works fine. It has its ups and downs but it is stable and active. Regnum just needs more events, more often, and the population even doubles in average. We're trying to get there since a long time. A huge flow of desirable items in the "black market" can really be a deadly hit to the game, just to please a bunch of people that want to make some easy money.

I would advise extreme caution when treading this path (using game as a service) as can be misinterpreted with paycut or bribe under the guise of reasoning of a "black market" thereby pushing it into the definitions of extortion.
Loque no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread